Flags Across America:
Recently there has been a news story about a veteran in Florida
who was told he could not display a flag in the flower pot at his
condo. "The flag is against the homeowner's association guidelines,
as it might be disturbing to some of his neighbors." Really? The
U.S. Flag might be disturbing to those living in the USA?
Warning: This travelogue will be disturbing to the above mentioned
people as we proudly present "Flags Across America".
1) The flag displayed at Sylvia and Larry's home on Lake Coeur
d'Alene, Idaho. 2) Mandy loves America, who wouldn't?
1) The Stars and Stripes fly high on the mountain overlooking Blue
Heron RV Park in Hornbrook, California. 2) Elk's lodges always
display the flag as does this elk member at the Paradise Elks,
July 4th, 2007 in Burlington, Vermont. There was plenty of patriotic
1) Redding fireworks, July 4th, 2011. 2) Pete and Ben enjoy the 4th
of July parade at Port Angeles, Washington in 2008.
A tribute to all veterans at Lake Havasu, 2009.
1) Diamond Lake RV Park, near Crater Lake, Oregon, flying the flag
daily 2) Car show at the Bend Elks, Bend, Oregon.
Huge Tea Party in Sacramento, California, 2009
1) Gas stop along Interstate 10 in Arizona, east of Phoenix. 2)
Wall of Fame, Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
1) The Flag descending down into the stadium at the opening
ceremonies for the 26th annual Senior Games in St. George, Utah. 2)
Local Tea Party event at the Atascadero Sunken Gardens park.
1) Old Glory flying large in Box Elder, South Dakota. 2)
Jeffersonville Elks, Jeffersonville, Indiana.
Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
1) Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum (site of Murray
federal building bombing). 2) Flag waving at Denali Motel near
Denali National Park, home to Mount McKinley, North America's
highest peak at 20,230 feet.
Kevin, our RV buddy from Outdoor Resort of the Ozarks, flies his
1) Fourth of July 2009 parade, Wasilla, Alaska 2) French Quarter,
New Orleans, Louisiana 2007.
Pastor Teddy has the highest flag pole in the area. His
house-church-cafe is next door to Outdoor Resorts in the Ozarks,
Blue Eye, Arkansas.
1) Like every Elks, the flag at the St. George Elks helps you find
your way to this Utah Elks. 2) Take an hour hike from Caliente Hot
Springs RV Resort in Desert Hot Springs and get your picture with
the flag on this mountain top.
1) The river boat in Savannah, Georgia is covered with Red, White
and Blue. 2) Hoover Dam is a great achievement by Americans.
1) The flag at this Atascadero Jr. High 8th grade graduations stands
as proud as this boy's mother! 2) This flag-themed balloon floats
high above the crowds at the Albuquerque International Balloon
1) Lt. Colonel Joel Newson administers the Oath of Office to these
cadets, at Cal Poly State University, who pledge to defend the US
flag and country. 2) This gorgeous sailboat is adorned by the flag
in Charleston, South Carolina.
1) This replica is suspended from the roof of Lute's Casino in Yuma,
Arizona. 2) NCCS, North County Christian School displays the flag
on this special day, the 10th Reunion of Emily's graduating class.
1) Every NASCAR event, this one at Dover International Speedway in
Delaware, raises the flag on race day. 2) The Washington Harbor
Condos can't get enough of our flag.
1) Emily's graduation at Point Loma Nazarene University 2) An
enormous flag drapes this building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Yes, it is a painting, an awesome painting!
1) Dual flags greet you on your trip to the top of the Empire State
Building in New York City, New York. 2) And even more flags welcome
you at the Valentine's Day party at Jojoba Hills RV Resort in
1) Uncle Bud receives honor from the military at his passing. 2) We
thank Uncle Bud and every veteran and every current military member
for fighting for the liberty that is represented by Old Glory.
May God bless the U.S.A.
Love, Pete, Ellen and Mandy